An overview of this blog

Written by Bob McCormick on 5/21/2008 05:45:00 PM

I see from the multitudes now flocking to this site :*/ that folks want to know ... "Hey, what is this blog all about? He teases us with the NASA space stuff, but then doesn't say anything about that".


Well, I have heard your lamentations long enough, so I will come down from by blogging perch atop Mount Olympus and give you a smattering of an idea as to where I think this blog thing will go.


FIRST, I've decided to live up to the title of this blog. It says "A Blog A Day", so dagburnit, that's what I should deliver, as a minimum frequency.


NEXT, let's talk about some of the "themes" in this blog, which should give you, the almighty reader, an idea of what will be coming.


Currently, I have 11 different topics I like to blather about. Some of my entries will be about more than one of these topics. Here's the blog entry categories:

alt.space - insights into and thoughts about the plans and progress of the non-NASA/gov't, non-AirForce, non-"Big boy" (Boeing, Lockheed Martin) aerospace companies that are trying to get humans back in space. I'm avoiding reporting on "the usual suspects" with this category.


nasa_plans - In January 2004, George Bush, as a result of the studies done after the Coumbia accident, announced the Vision for Space Exploration (VSE). I'll have several entries that talk about what folks think about NASA's progress implementing it.


past_future - As the modern philosopher Yogi Berra said, "It's tough to make predictions, especially about the future." It's amazing to see how people in the past thought the future would unfold. These entries illustrate how far off they got.

nostalgia - just nostalgic wistful memories of things I lived through. Again, from Yogi Berra, "Nostalgia isn't what it used to be."



msm - my thoughts on the mainstream media, and why people will depend on blogs & the internet much more heavily than in the past.


interesting - things that seem, well, interesting to me. Your mileage may vary.


inspirational - things that move me in some manner. Again, your mileage may vary.


Humor - funny observations by myself & others.


Houston - It's my hometown & where I basically grew up. It's been through ups & downs & I wish it the best. I care, so you should care - and if you don't, then blog about your own locality, OK?


Boys - I've got a teenage son & 1 who's about to be a teen. Before long, college & the "Real world" will await them. These blog entries are a preparation for that.


alt.energy - In the 70's, it was observed that coal, oil, gas, & uranium were finite resources. Prices on those commodities have gone down & up, but the fundamental fact that they are finite has not changed. These entries identify what f0lks are doing to contend with that fundamental fact.


Anything else you'd like me to blog about? Let me know in the comments.


In any event, I hope you like the blog & visit often.


- Bob

Related Posts by Categories



Widget by Hoctro | Jack Book
  1. 0 comments: Responses to “ An overview of this blog ”